TERMS & CONDITION - Terms & Condition
Terms and Conditions
For the purposes of these terms and condtions Renaissance Arts Retreat in France and Martell Arts and Publications Ltd will be also be known as “the company”, ”we” and “our” where stated. Likewise the customer or client will be know as “the student” or “the participant”.
- Cost of courses for 2011-2012 are £945 per person per course
- Discounts are available for various group bookings options. The discounts are 10% off the main price for two people, 15% off the main price for three people and 20% off the main price for four or more people who are part of the same party and booking their places on the same course at the same time. Only one discount per booking per course is applicable at any one time. These discounts cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotions or offers.In addition to the discounts listed on our booking page Renaissance occasionally offers promotions and competitions such as free prize draws to win a retreat and gift or second prize vouchers, with unique booking reference numbers, that can be redeemed against any course as part of advertising and marketing campaigns. As part of these promotions it is required that entrants supply us with the requested data, including name, address, telephone number, email and any marketing questions asked by the company. Failure to supply any part of this information means that entrants will not be entered in prize draws or competitions. We will not pass on any information given to us to other parties but will use this information for our own marketing purposes. Correct reference numbers must also be quoted in order to enter any competition or receive discounts at time of booking. Competition entrants will also be automatically signed up to Renaissance’s regular email newsletters and bulletins. Entrants can unsubscribe from this newsletter at any time. By entering any of our competitions or promotions participants agree to these terms and conditions. These promotional discounts cannot be used in conjuction with any other discount or promotions listed on the website or elsewhere.
- Bookings are reserved on payment of the deposit of £200. Deposits are non refundable. We will only refund your deposit if we have to cancel a course. Bookings are only confirmed when the balance has been received. The full amount is due 30 days before the start of the course at the latest. If we do not receive the full amount as stated above, we reserve the right to cancel your place without refunding your deposit.
- Payment can be made by credit/debit card or by cheque made payable to Martell Arts & Publications Ltd and send to Renaissance, 26 Lower Street, Quainton, Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire HP22 4BJ, United Kingdom.
- The course cost includes: all tutor and tuition costs. Basic course materials and equipment for use on site. Support packages for before, during and after the course, in the form of letters, emails and other written material. A welcome pack on arrival. Transfers to and from the designated French airport. Overnight accommodation either on site or off site. Towels and bed linen. All meals, including breakfast, lunch and evening meals, with the exception of one evening meal per week, see below. All refreshments provided during the course. Wine with evening meal taken on site, limited to one glass per person.
- The course cost does not include: airfares to France or any other transport/travel costs, such as car hire, taxis, public or private transport, petrol costs or any other personal travel costs or insurances needed or incurred either before, during or after the course other than listed above. If participants wish to make their own travel arrangements to the venue or arrive and/or different day/times than the ones we advise, we are not liable for any travel costs incurred, including any extra transfers from airports. We will only pick up and drop off participants to the designated airport and on the designated date/s. Any extra materials or equipment. One evening meal per week is not included as participants are encouraged to dine elsewhere on this occasion. As stated in article 14 below; we also strongly advise that students either have or take out their own holiday and any personal insurance before attending the retreat, as the company will not be responsible for any of these costs.
- It is understood that the participant will attend all classes and sessions on time during the course and complete all tasks and/or homework set by the tutor. It is also understood that the participant will be fully committed to the course and it’s content and agrees to fully participate in all the tasks, exercises, lessons and other sessions prescribed by the tutors. Likewise that the student will follow the guidance and advice of the tutors both during the course and afterwards, as part of the Dreams & Actions after course retreat coaching package. If these conditions are not met we will not be able to guarantee the results of the course (see article 11 ).
- We reserve the right to change course content and replace the facilitating tutor. In these cases we will endeavour to find a suitable replacement tutor and guarantee that the standard of the course will not change.
- If we have to cancel a course due to circumstances beyond our control we will either offer you a place on an alternative programme or offer a full refund of monies paid to us.
- If we are unable to complete a course for reasons beyond our control we will offer a part refund on a pro rata daily basis. All other costs, including airfares or transport costs will not be refunded.
- Money Back Guarantee: Renaissance enjoys a very high success rate in terms of creative and personal development and education. It is for this reason that we feel confident to offer a guarentee that our courses will deliver real results for our students. We ask all student to state what they would like to achieve or gain from one of our courses before attending, sometimes referred to as their creative or artistic ”intentions” or “outcome”. In some cases the student sometimes changes their mind either when just arriving at the course retreat or at the beginning of the course. So long as this is made clear to the tutors and there is a reasonable amount of time left in the week to achieve any new requirement we are usually able to accomodate the student. The student must understand that we ask that they state their desired intention well in advance of the course so that the tutors can create a bespoke course retreat, as this provides the best outcome for the student. If the student unreasonably changes their intention either frequently and/or only reveals it towards the end of the course week , where due to either the student’s behaviour or lack of a realistic time to achieve it, we cannot guarantee a successful outcome. However if the student believes that they have not achieved the result that they orginally desired or has not gained or benefitted in any way from the course, as stated on their registration form and/or expressed to the tutors and/or management either before, during or after the course, and they have fully complied with this article and article 7 then we ask the student to contact the managing director, Elinor Martell, within 30 days after leaving the course retreat, clearly stating the reasons why they feel that a refund is due to them. Each case will be assessed indivually and if is if found that the student complied fully with the requirements of articles 7 and 11 and that the company or tutors are found to be a fault a full refund of the course fee paid by the student will be issued. A student cannot claim a refund in relation to articles 8 – 10 or for any other reason. The company will not reinburse any other expenses or costs incurred either before, during or after the student’s stay at the retreat.
- We ask that any damages wilfully incurred by participants during their stay at either the onsite and offsite venues be paid for.
- A supplement will be charged during the winter for the use of logs for private retreats bookings.
- Renaissance is not responsible for any injury to persons or loss or theft of personal property. Participants use the facilities at their own risk.
- We advise participants to take out their own medical insurance.
- No refunds will be given due to late arrivals of participants or delays in transit beyond our control.
- Participants must vacate the premises by 12 noon on the last Saturday of the course week, unless otherwise agreed with the managing director, Elinor Martell.
- Unless otherwise stated all courses are designed for adults over 18 years of age. There is no upper age limit.
- Cancellation Policy: If you cancel more than 60 days prior to the course retreat and wish to have a refund then 50% of the balance fee will be refunded. 30 -59 days prior to the course retreat 25% of the balance will be refunded. 1 – 29 days prior to the course retreat there will be no refund. There are no refunds for No Shows or for arriving after the course retreat start date . A £40 processing fee will also apply for any refunds given. In exceptional circumstances we may agree to transfer your booking to the next available course retreat. However there may be an additional charge for this. In all cases the deposit is non refundable in accordance with the terms and conditions listed above.
- The law of England, Wales and Northern Ireland covers these Terms and Conditions. In the event of a dispute the customer will agree that the dispute will be determined by arbitration by an arbitrator appointed by the President of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators. By registering on our courses or entering our competition customers agree to our Terms and Conditions.