RETREAT INFO - How to get here
How to get to Renaissance Arts Retreat France
Renaissance lies in the hamlet of Chez Blanchet hidden in the rolling folds of hills that comprise the South Charante.
Chez Blanchet is approximately 4 miles from Chalais, the nearest market centretown and 6 miles from the beautiful and famous town of Aubeterre Sur Drone.
By Car from the Channel Ports
If travelling by Car, the nearest channel port is Caen (322 miles) with Calais approximately 485 miles away.
1. From the channel ports head South/South West via the Motorway and Route Nationale road systems finally taking the N10 towards the Medieval city of Angouleme 28 miles to the North of Chez Blanchet.
2. Following the ring road to the West of Angouleme, come off the N10 at St Michel turn off and head East along D100 in the direction of Puymoyen.
3. Take the D674 South direction of Voeuil-et-Gigot/Montmoreau.
4. Follow the D674 South for 25 miles and come off at Chalais and head towards Centre Ville.
5. In Chalais head towards La Gare (Railway Station). Pass La Gare on your right and turn left at the bend in the route Direction Courlac.
6. Follow the road (D140) for 2 miles with the railway to your right and then follow it around and over the bridge finally turning left at the junction. Follow this road for 400 m and turn right up the hill towards Courlac.
7. At the junction turn right signposted to la Mairie. Follow this road through woods for 1 mile until you come to open fields and Chez Blanchet is signposted on the left with La Mairie on the corner.
8. Follow this lane for 200m and turn left into the hamlet of Chez Blanchet. Follow the drive, passed the commune car park on your right for 300m. Renaissance is the last building on the left, set back beyond the walnut tree.
9. Parking is available on the grass drive in front of Renaissance or if very wet, in the commune car park, which is located within a 1 minute walk of the venue.
Renaissance is well served by the following airports with flights to and from the UK.
Angouleme (Brie – Champiers)
Distance approximately 40 miles.
Ryanair flights from London Stansted – seasonal dates to be confirmed.
Distance approximately 52 miles.
Ryanair flights from London Stansted (seasonal).
Distance approximately 69 miles.
Easyjet flights from London Luton (daily).
BA flights from London Heathrow (daily).
Car Hire from Airports
Car Hire is available at all airports and is best if booked at the time of booking your flights. Your airline will have car hire partners linked to their websites.